Instalation target path of Accelerator
is there any way how we could specify the directory where the Accelerator is installed? E.g. via command line argument when launching the installer…
We would like to install it to our custom directory, because we will probably need to modify the flexmonster.config by some our products and we would like to avoid access issues that we can’t write to Program files directory.
Also I noticed that Accelerator automatically logs into the same folder. It rollovers the files, but is there any limit on the number of log files can grow indefinitely? We would also like to avoid having many log files on the system drive.
And the third point is a suggestion for a feature. If the accelerator can’t connect to the SSAS e.g. because that SSAS server is not running (e.g. we had this issue when running SSAS and Accelerator on the same machine, after the reboot the services started in wrong order), it will stay in status Stopped forever with message in log “ERROR | A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running.” Also not a behaviour we would prefer in production – if the SSAS is not available for some reason it would require manual fix. Unfortunately we can’t do it automatically because the AcceleratorService is still running, just the Accelerator is stopped internally. So my suggestion is to put automatic retry to the service…
Thank you for the request.
- Currently, there is no option to change the installation path of the Accelerator.
- As for the logs, they are limited to 10 files (maximum 1MB each). So, logs may take up to 10MB only.
- As for the automatic re-connect feature, your suggestion sounds reasonable. But, please take a look at the following question – How to auto-start flexmonster accelerator?. Automatic (Delayed Start) for the service may help to fix the issue with startup order.
Please let me know if the answers above were helpful.
thanks for the reply, yes, it was helpful.
- Ok, would be nice to have it customizable, but it’s a low priority
- Great, that I wanted to hear
- Delayed start can help, add service dependency would be probably better solution, but it solves just the issue when SSAS and Accelerator are running on the same machine…
Thanks for the feedback.
I agree that both suggestions (#1 and #3) are good to have.
So, we have added them to our backlog for the next updates.
Currently, I cannot provide you with any timeframes for these features, because they should be confirmed by the team and management.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
I just wanted to add that we don’t need anymore the above mentioned features after we switched to using Accelerator dll directly instead of installing a service…
This question is now closed