The Component has 2 main advantages over competing types of applications:
- Usability and speed of the desktop application,
- Mobility and scalability of the web-based application.
Pivot Table enables you to analyze numerical data. With Pivot Table, you can look at the same information in different ways with just a few mouse clicks.
- Have a look at the functional structure of our Component.
- Read our guide for embedding Flexmonster Component into the web application.
- Find detailed tutorials to configure Pivot Table with your data source: JSON, CSV, SQL database, Microsoft Analysis Services, Mondrian, and icCube.
- Explore what is a report and how to configure it.
- Learn about integration with popular frameworks and technologies: jQuery, Angular, Angular 2, Angular 4, React, RequireJS, TypeScript, ASP.NET, and JSP.
- Follow our guides about connecting with Highcharts, FusionCharts, Google Charts or any charting library.
- Find out how to customize Toolbar of Flexmonster Component.
- Read about predefined CSS themes and the process of creating your own theme in Customizing appearance tutorial.
- Check how to set a localization for Pivot Table by using one of the available files or defining your own.
- Learn how to update to the latest version of Flexmonster.
Structure of Flexmonster Component
Our Component consists of the following functional parts:
Pivot Grid shows the subset of data that can be defined in the report or configured by the end user. Apply sorting, filtering and other operations to make data look the way you need.
Pay attention to the arrow in the upper right corner. This is the button used to show or hide Fields List view.
Pivot Chart displays your data in a convenient visual form. Our charts are interactive: expand the values by clicking on X axis and legend elements or see underlying data via drill through pop-up. The component supports the following chart types: Bar, Horizontal Bar, Line, Scatter, Pie, Bar Line, Bar Stack.
Fields List and Filters for charts are available as well as for the grid.
Use Fields List to configure any view with drag-and-drop.
This window contains five main sections:
- All dimensions from the original data source;
- Fields selected or set inside the report to Report filters define which subset of data will be shown in a report;
- Fields selected or set inside the report to Rows define the left headers of the table;
- Fields selected or set inside the report to Columns define the upper headers of the table;
- Fields selected or set inside the report to Values define which measures will be shown on the grid. You need to choose aggregation function for each measure.
Sort and filter by members’ names using Filter. Try filtering by value to get top X or bottom X results. Filter is accessible through the gear icons on the right of each hierarchy name for both grid and charts.
Toolbar uses API calls and provides easy access to the most used features. The standard version of Toolbar looks the following way:
In addition, Toolbar can be customized. You can remove tabs and buttons or add new ones.
This was a quick overview of Flexmonster Component structure. To continue the process of getting acquainted with our component, please proceed to the guide which will help you to create a pivot table in your web application.