I’m currently evaluating Flexmonster (trial version) and I have two questions:
1. I know that it is possible to use an external charting library but I’d like to have an svg map displayed on top of the grid. Is it possible to use the API to extend the “Charts” dropdown without injecting things manually into the dom?
2. I’d like to provide the end-users a way to create bins using the “add calculated value”. Is is possible to extend the list of available functions with custom ones?
Thank you for writing to us.
Please find our answers below:
1. We would like to confirm that it is possible to use the API to extend the “Charts” dropdown.
This can be done by customizing the Toolbar via the beforetoolbarcreated event.
Could you please provide more details on what type of SVG map you would like to display on top of the grid?
This will help us to understand the situation better.
2. At the moment defining custom functions for calculated values is not supported.
You are welcome to contact us in case of questions.
1. That’s a great news! I will give it a try. I wanted to created a D3 choropleth map displayed on top of the grid.
2. All right, I think I can create some additional measures on the server side. Do you plan to support custom functions at some point? This is not a blocker for us and so far your product fits our needs perfectly but that would be great.
Thank you for your reply.
We are glad to hear that you found a way to implement the needed functions on the server-side.
Regarding custom functions, we will add your request to our customers’ wishlist and we will inform you in case of any updates on the matter.
Please let us know if you have any questions.