Currently we can able to connect to OLAP(XMLA) cube. However, we do need to connect to SQL server database and query the table data and display it as a chart/graph. Is this possible? If so please kindly jot down the required steps at your earliest opportunity. I have attached a screenshot for your reference and highlighted in a red square box.
Thank you for writing to us.
1. It seems you are using the “Pivot Table for Microsoft Analysis Services” trial version. In such a case, please download the “Pivot Table Data Sources Bundle” trial version to be able to use more than one type of data source.
2. We recommend using Flexmonster Data Compressor for preparing the data fetched from your database to be passed in CSV output to the clientside: https://www.flexmonster.com/doc/connecting-to-relational-database/
3. For passing the data to Flexmonster, we kindly suggest using the
connectTo() API call: https://www.flexmonster.com/api/connectto/
4. You can display the data as a chart with the
showCharts() API call: https://www.flexmonster.com/api/showcharts/
5. In addition, the Toolbar can be customized to extend the “Connect” Tab’s menu list and add an option to connect to your SQL server database.
Here is a JSFiddle example for illustration: https://jsfiddle.net/flexmonster/houna4my/
Please let us know if this works.
You are welcome to contact us in case of questions.