I’m testing demo version with our data cube.
Example picture is attached.
I took a few dimensions: customer (pirkejas) and product. When I drill through customers to see sold products, some customers doesn’t open at all, and other show not all data. You can see it on the picture by total customer amount and amounts shown for the products.
I noticed that the problem occurs, when dimension have a lot data. I meen, our product table consist of about 20000 items. But it doesn’t meen, that customer buy a huge variety of products. Not.
The main cube table – is sale transactions table, and product table is joined by key (id).
If I take 3 dimenions: customer, product class, product – everythig is ok. Product class table has 140 items.
Flexmonster doesn’t deal with such a “big” data variety?
Sorry for my english. I hope you’ll understand.
Thank you for reaching out to us.
We would like to kindly inform you that such behavior is due to the structure of measures within the Cube itself.
We recommend trying to test the same Cube in Excel. It is likely that the problem will be reproducible there as well.
As for data volumes, we would like to kindly inform you that being a client-side component, Flexmonster relies on resources available to the browser, and this affects the maximum size of the data that can be handled on every particular machine. This means that the client computer’s RAM and browser capabilities determines how much data can be loaded at once.
Moreover, the data source you are using provides the possibility to load only the data needed for the current report without the necessity to load the whole data set. It is dramatically beneficial in terms of the amount of data that can be loaded.
Therefore, the reason for the problem you are facing is not the data volume, but rather specifics of the Cube structure.
Please contact us in case additional questions on this point occur.
The cube structure is simple. In excel it works.
Main transaction table – TR: ID, Client_ID, Product_ID, Amount
Client table – CL: ID, Name
Product table – PR: ID, Name
TR.Client_ID=CL.ID , TR.Product_ID=PR.ID
And it’s not a loading problem (computer’s RAM and browser capabilities).
As I said, when I drill through customers to see sold products:
Thank you for providing us with details.
We would like to kindly ask you to provide us with the ABF backup file of the SSAS cube (sample dummy data can be used) where the issue is reproducible.
It would be very helpful for our investigation.
Looking forward to hearing from you.