Please see attached screenshot and export. We have embedded FlexMonster into our application and providing it with data using CSV.
When I add conditional formatting to a column, it works some but not others. I tried to attach a video to this ticket but was not permitted to do so. Instead, I’ve added screenshots. I can successfully get the conditional formatting to work for one column but not another. You will see in the screenshots for “Patient PulseScore” any value equal to 3 should be highlighted red. However, other values are instead highlighted red.
The CSV Export attached is from FlexMonster (not the CSV we’re providing to it).
Please could you answer the following:
Thank you for writing to us.
1) We have noticed that certain values which the conditional formatting rules are applied to are of type string instead of number.
Our team kindly suggests specifying the data type for the CSV columns.
For example, by adding the
- prefix to the “Patient PulseScore” column you can ensure that Flexmonster will interpret “Patient PulseScore” as a numeric measure:
"-Patient PulseScore", "Patient Consciousness"
Afterward, the conditional formatting rules should work as expected.
2) We would like to explain that it is possible to apply several conditional formatting rules to the same measure. However, if conditional formatting rules are specified which override each other, then the rule entered last will take precedence.
3) It is not possible to highlight a text field via conditional formatting rules. However, you can highlight text fields with the customizeCell() API call.
Here is a JSFiddle example for illustration.
4) We would like to point out that Flexmonster allows setting as many conditional formats as you like, there is no limit.
Please let us know if this helps.
You are welcome to contact us in case of questions.
Thanks Vera, we’ll implement and report back. Much appreciated.