Hello guys! I’ve found a bug, probably 🙂 It sounds ‘Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded’. I spent a two hours to reproduce it, nevertheless I did it. So, please have a look into example(https://jsfiddle.net/2qes51ph/). It happens because no type for field ‘n’ is defined and some ‘measure’ uses filed ‘n’ in a formula. Thanks.
Thank you for reaching out to us and providing a JSFiddle example for illustration.
First of all, we would like to point out that the same
uniqueName should not be given to more than one field.
Please provide a different
uniqueName for the calculated measure, for example:
"formula": "sum(\"n\") + 10",
Also, it is important to remember that if only some fields are specified in the JSON data types object, the rest of the fields will be omitted because they were not mentioned in the first object of the JSON array.
Please note that in your case the omitted field
n cannot be referred to in the calculated measure since it is not present in the Field List.
For more information about this, please see the “Undefined types in JSON” section of our JSON data types documentation.
Our team kindly suggests ensuring that all the necessary fields have been included in the first object of the JSON array.
Here is a modified version of the JSFiddle example where the above points are taken into account.
You are welcome to contact us in case any questions arise
Thanks alot for the answer. I had a prediction in the same direction, nevertheless it would be much better if more certain error be shown, it will simplified debugging dramatically, because resolving such very general errors in the minified third parties js is like a looking for a needle in a haystack.
Thank you for your reply.
For such cases, we suggest creating the calculated values via the user interface.
After that, you can simply save the report with all the necessary formulas.
This approach allows minimizing of errors.
Here is a video tutorial on how to work with calculated values for guidance.
Please feel free to contact us in case of any questions.
Also, you can localize the issue by setting a breakpoint on RangeError type of exception , and then adjust the code appropriately. Moreover, you can managed to find the point that was causing the error by check the error details in the Chrome dev toolbar console , this will give you the functions in the call stack, and guide you towards the recursion that’s causing the error.
Thank you for sharing your recommendations.
The provided suggestions can also be useful when it comes to either debugging or avoiding “Maximum call stack size exceeded” exception.
Please let us know in case of any other question.