I have a table with 4 fields, two of them numbers. When I click on fields, I see all 4 fields and the two measures have the SUM symbol next to them. If I deselect one, then close and reopen, it no longer shows the SUM symbol.
1. Create Report with 4 fields, two of which are strings, two are numbers.
2. Go to Flat Grid View. Click on Fields, notice both fields are numbers in selector (They both show SUM symbol).
3. Deselect one number field and one string field so only one string and number fields selected.
4a. Close Fields Modal.
4b. (optional) Click Charts then Pie Chart. Notice is creates successfully.
5. Reopen Fields modal.
6. Notice that the deselected field no longer has SUM symbol.
7. Deselect the currently selected number field. Select the old deselected number field. (i.e. swap the selected number fields).
8. Notice that the SUM symbol still isn’t shown. Close the modal. Open a pie chart again, it will error saying: “No measures to display. Add at least one measure in the Field List.” However, there is a measure selected.
When reopening the field selector modal, it should show “SUM” selector in Fields selector modal next to all numbers. Also, you should then be able to select Pie Chart and it should load correctly, just as it does when a number is first selected on table load.
Attached two photos showing the two states. “fields_1.png” shows initial state of fields. “fields_2.png” shows number field without SUM when reopen.
Thank you for writing to us.
We’ve managed to reproduce the reported behavior on our side – we are going to investigate this further and return to you with a fix ETA Jul 13th.
Please let us know if this works for you.
Works great, thanks!
We are pleased to inform you that the issue with displaying and selecting measures in the flat mode was fixed.
This is available in the 2.8.11 version of Flexmonster: https://www.flexmonster.com/release-notes/
You are welcome to update the component. Here is our updating to the latest version guide for assistance: https://www.flexmonster.com/doc/updating-to-the-latest-version/
Please contact us in case any questions arise.
Hope you’re doing well.
We were wondering if you’ve had a chance to check out the recent fix we’ve mentioned in our previous response. Has the issue been fixed on your side?
We would be happy to hear your feedback.
Thanks, upgrading seems to have done the trick!