Hello, my team and I have identified a small but tricky bug in the processing of dates and their interaction with timezones around days when Daylight Saving Time starts. We can only reproduce this in the Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time timezone.
Here is a jsfiddle where I’ve singled out the error: https://jsfiddle.net/ezk84/6xLjrpzk/23/ though note that you must set your computer to the Sydney/Melbourne/Hobart (GMT+10/+11) timezone to see this.
You’ll notice that the row corresponding to the date 2020-10-04 (which is when DST starts in Australia) will be rendered as 03/10/2020 instead of the expected 04/10/2020. This does not change when I set the display timezone offset to GMT+10 (using the button). It’s curious that when the date is given in the source as 2020-10-04T00:00:00 the error does not appear.
We have noticed this with both CSV and JSON data of type “date string”.
OF course, you’ll know what is best in regards to functionality, but we were surprised that timezones are affecting dates that are just meant to be only dates (without times).
Thank you for providing steps on how to reproduce the issue.
Our team is currently working on your case.
We will make sure to reach out to you shortly.
Our team has managed to reproduce the issue.
The fix is going to be provided with a minor update ETA Dec 28.
We will notify you as soon as the version with a fix is available to download.
Feel free to reach out in case any other questions arise.
We are glad to announce that the issue with specific dates in AEDT timezone was fixed.
This is available in the 2.8.23 version of Flexmonster: https://www.flexmonster.com/release-notes/.
You are welcome to update the component: https://www.flexmonster.com/doc/updating-to-the-latest-version/.
Please let us know if everything works fine for you.
Our team is wondering whether the recent fix helped.
Please let us know if everything works fine.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Hello Milena, that works for us. Thank you!