We plan to use Flexmonster data server to connect to Oracle database. At the same time, we need the FDS to work with the https protocol. We run FDS on a Linux server
oracle @ mlyrapp: ~> uname -a
Linux mlyrapp 4.4.114-94.14-default # 1 SMP Mon Feb 19 14:46:07 UTC 2018 (14c5f0f) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU / Linux
We ran into a problem with Flexmonster Dataserver:
In version FDS 2.8.15 connection to Oracle works, but https does not work.
In FDS 2.9.8 the connection to Oracle does not work, but https works.
We test both versions on the same server with the same settings in “flexmonster-config.json”.
Detailed tests description is in the attachement.
Thank you for reaching out to us and for providing details.
Recently, a similar case has been reported with Oracle connection not working in version 2.9.8 of Flexmonster Data Server, and our team is looking into this issue. The fix will be available in the upcoming minor release version of Flexmonster with the ETA 5th of October.
About the latest version of Flexmonster Data Server being more lightweight:
The new version has a built-in .Net SDK. The difference in size is because we upgraded Flexmonster Data Server to use .Net 5, which is more lightweight.
In the meantime, feel free to reach out should any questions arise.
We are happy to inform you that the issue with connection to Oracle database was fixed.
This is available in the latest (v2.9.9) version of Flexmonster: https://www.flexmonster.com/release-notes/.
You are welcome to update the component. Here is our updating to the latest version guide for assistance: https://www.flexmonster.com/doc/updating-to-the-latest-version/.
Please let us know if the fix works fine for you.
Thank you, Vera, the fix works fine.