Dear visitor, despite all the challenges, our team continues operating at full speed.

We are ready to help with any questions you may have. Please fill out this quick form and we'll get back to you.

Fill the form
Get Free Trial

File is corrupted on excel export (.xlsx)

Answered
Paavo Väänänen asked on June 23, 2020

Hey,

I’ve ran into a weird problem which turned out pretty hard to debug. We have two different contexts in our application, one of which exports the same report (grid) as a normal working file and the other as a corrupted one that cannot be opened. The only differences between these two contexts are in the Options object of the report.

The working one has the following: { …, chart: { …, showFilter: false, showMeasures: false, type: “number” }, configuratorButton: false, grid: { …, title: “” } }.

The non-working one on the other hand, has the false values as true, and chart.type = “column” and grid.title = “[title of the report]”.

As mentioned the reports are otherwise identical. Also, the other export types (.csv, img, pdf, html, print) work in both contexts.

Any advise?

Best,
Paavo

6 answers

Public
Illia Yatsyshyn Illia Yatsyshyn Flexmonster June 23, 2020

Hello,
 
Thank you for reaching out to us.
 
We want to kindly inform you that we did not manage to reproduce the problem using the latest version 2.8.9 of the component. Please see an example we have prepared trying to reproduce the issue.
 
It would be useful for our investigation if you could modify the provided example so that the described problem appears.
 
Our team is looking forward to hearing from you.
 
Best regards,
Illia

Public
Illia Yatsyshyn Illia Yatsyshyn Flexmonster July 1, 2020

Hello,
 
We are just wondering whether you had a minute to prepare the sample where the described problem would be reproducible.
 
Our team is looking forward to hearing from you.
 
Regards,
Illia

Public
Paavo Väänänen July 2, 2020

Hello,

Sorry for a late reply. I was unable to make a “working” for you. We are working on updating the component to the latest version, which might solve the problem.

I was just wondering if someone has ever reported similar issues (even on the previous versions of the component)?

Thanks for looking into it.

Best,
Paavo

Public
Illia Yatsyshyn Illia Yatsyshyn Flexmonster July 2, 2020

Hello,
 
Thank you for your feedback.
 
Our team would like to inform you that no similar issues were reported by our clients.
 
Please let us know whether the update helps to resolve the problem.
In case the issue persists, we want to ask you to provide us with an example where the problem would be reproducible. It will dramatically help us with an investigation.
 
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
 
Regards,
Illia

Public
Illia Yatsyshyn Illia Yatsyshyn Flexmonster July 15, 2020

Hello,
 
Our team is wondering whether you had some time to prepare the sample where the problem with exporting would be reproducible.
 
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
 
Regards,
Illia

Public
Illia Yatsyshyn Illia Yatsyshyn Flexmonster July 27, 2020

Hello,
 
We want to take an interest in whether updating to the latest version did manage to resolve the problem.
 
Our team is looking forward to hearing from you.
 
Best regards,
Illia

Please login or Register to Submit Answer