It looks like the flexmonster doesn’t process compressed data in Firefox browser (FF) the same way it does in Google Chrome. The data in Chrome is correct and in line with raw csv file. In FF, the data doesn’t match raw csv and we have “Invalid date” column. This seems to be compressor related – could not reproduce this problem with csv source file.
The files to reproduce the issue attached:
Flexmonster: Version 2.7.1 (build 03/11/2019 12:19:46)
Google Chrome: Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Firefox Quantum: 66.0.3 (64-bit)
Thank you for pointing this out to us and providing a CSV sample.
We tried to reproduce the issue by using Firefox Quantum: 66.0.4 (64-bit) and the latest version of Flexmonster 2.7.5.
Flexmonster loads fine and displays the data according to the CSV file.
We kindly advise updating to the latest version of Flexmonster 2.7.5.
Please follow our updating to the latest version guide.
An important detail is that Flexmonster Compressor also needs to be updated.
Here is a link to how to update Flexmonster Compressor correctly.
Could you please specify if you are already a client of Flexmonster? We need this information for our records.
Let us know if this works to solve the problem and if you have further questions.
Thank you for the feedback!
I have updated the Flexmonster to the latest 2.7.5 version, but unfortunately I’m still facing the same issue in Firefox Quantum: 66.0.4 (64-bit) (updated the browser to match your version).
Attaching some screenshots for both Firefox and Google Chrome data view, screen of the Flexmonster version and my license expiration date and oscv file data content.
Please let me know what else I can do to help you to reproduce it.
Thank you for your reply and for providing us with additional files to help reproduce the issue.
We were able to reproduce it on our end.
Our team is currently working on a solution to this problem and the fix will be ready in the minor release with the ETA June 3rd.
Please let us know if this works and if you have further questions.
Thank you for the feedback!
OK, I’ll be waiting for the fix in the release on the 3rd of June.
We are glad to announce that the issue with loading gziped data from the Data Compressor using the Mozilla Firefox browser is fixed.
The fix is available in the 2.7.7 version of Flexmonster
You are welcome to update the component
A kind reminder is to update Flexmonster Data Compressor also.
Please let us know if everything works fine.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
The issue has gone. I’m now able to see the same results in both Google Chrome and Firefox browsers.
Unfortunately, it seems there are still some issues with ocsv data compressor in Firefox browser.
For some csv data files, in Firefox browser “Loading data” process never ends (see loading-screen.png attached).
I’m also attaching both: csv and compressed ocsv files; flexmonster initialization code and version screenshot.
Thank you for writing to us and for providing files to help reproduce the issue.
We have noticed that the issue you have encountered is reproducible on our end only in Firefox when the gzip on Apache server is enabled.
As a temporary workaround, we kindly advise disabling gzip.
Our team is working on a solution to this issue. The fix will be available in the minor release with the ETA 1st of July.
If possible, it would help our team a lot if you could provide us with more CSV data samples that fail to load (if more are encountered) for testing purposes.
Also, a kind reminder is that in Flexmonster the dataSourceType parameter should be defined in the dataSource object.
For example, the recommended approach is to define the
dataSource object in the following way:
You are welcome to contact us in case any questions arise.
Thanks for the proposed temporary workaround. It has helped here.
I’m sorry, but most likely I won’t be able to notice any CSV data fail cases, because right now it looks OK (with disabled gzip).
I’ll be waiting for the fix in the next release.
We are glad to inform you that the issue with loading very small data with Firefox when gzip is enabled was fixed.
This is available in the 2.7.9 version of Flexmonster: https://www.flexmonster.com/release-notes/
You are welcome to update the component: https://www.flexmonster.com/doc/updating-to-the-latest-version/
We would like to point out that Flexmonster Data Compressor needs to be updated as well: https://www.flexmonster.com/doc/updating-to-the-latest-version/#!compressor
Please let us know if everything works fine for you.
Thanks for the update!
I have updated to the new version and it works well with enabled gzip.